Acidity: Acidity is normally caused by an excess or imbalance between the processes of acid secretion in the stomach and protective method that ensure the stomach’s safety. The stomach generally secretes acid fluid that is very useful in the digestive process. But when the secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach has exceeded the normal level, It result a condition called acidity.
Symptoms of Acidity:
The most common symptoms of Acidity given below:
- Chest Pain
- Pain in the ears
- Inflammation in chest
- Respiratory Problems
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Voice Change and formation of ulcer in oesophagus
- Pain during muscular contractions
- Burning sensation or pain in the stomach after one of four hours of a meal
- Feel hungry frequently
- Constant pain in upper abdomen
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Loss of appetite
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Acidity Problem:
- Take three tbsp onion juice with one tbsp sugar and half cup curd helps to reduce acidity.
- Eating pineapple with sugar and pepper powder also help to reduce acidity.
- Drinking one tsp Indian gooseberry(amla) juice mixed with 11 gms of soaked and crushed black currant and half tsp honey also help to reduce acidity.
- Drinking chilled one fourth cup of milk and half cup water relieves acidity.
- Consumption of chutney made with dry mangosteen,cardamom,and sugar gives relief from acidity.
- Drinking half later of water mixed with half tsp sugar and juice of one lemon,half an hour before lunch ,also very useful to reduce acidity
- Eating a tsp of coriander powder mixed with half tsp of sugar after meals also very useful; of acidity.
- Drinking carrot juice also work acidity problem.
- Mix powder of four five pepper corns slowly roasted in ghee with 100 ml milk and little sugar and drink it reduce acidity.
- Coriander powder and dry ginger powder mixed in equal quantities, and taking a spoon of mixture reduce acidity problem.
- Consume 5-6 basil leaves with one cup or a glass of buttermilk to reduce acidity.