Skin Care in Winters According to Different Skin Types
Winter is a very crucial and difficult time for your skin as It is very hard to maintain good health of your skin due to chilly winds and extreme cold. This is the time when necessary moisture is extracted from your skin, problems are aggravated for many as winter chill also brings uncomfortable dryness and dehydration. During this time your skin needs extra dose of care and attention. Here are some useful tips to tackle the problems and to bring lost shine and glow of the skin back.
Skin types and treatments
Instead of spending money on expensive over-the-counter remedies and beauty procedures, home remedies for all skin types in winter come in handy and are by far more cost-effective. There are many skin types:oily, dry, normal and sensitive etc. Some of the popular cost-effective home care methods for a dry face are as follows:
A. Dry Skin: If your skin has a strong inclination toward dehydration,lacks oil, and has few breaks if any at all, it is considered dry. In more cases, dry skin lacks resistance and can be extremely sensitive to the sun, wind, and cold temperatures. Wash your face once a day with a rich, creamy cleanser and warm water.
1. Wash your skin with normal water and dry your skin perfectly. Use toner to help with that tight and chipped feeling of dehydration. Avoid toners and makeup that contain alcohol as alcohol-based products have a drying effect on skin. Use a cream-based lotion to hydrate your skin and keep it rejuvenated.Separately from drinking water, there are a number of home remedies also that you can follow to treat peeling skin:
2.Apply olive oil:“The fats present in olive oil have a similar alignment to the fat cells present in the skin. The vitamin E in it helps the skin fight free radicals which are mostly responsible for bad skin.
3. Apply honey pack:“Honey encloses fructose, water, oil, glucose and enzymes which act as natural skin moisturizers. Massage your face with honey and wait for 20 minutes before washing it off. This will make your skin soft and supple.
4. Apply cucumber juice:Cucumber has lots of water which helps to hydrate your skin. Usecucumber juice on the affected area for ten minutes every day.
5. Use sandalwood:“Flaking skin can also be caused by bacteria present on the skin.Sandalwood has natural anti-microbial properties and can kill thebacteria in the skin.. Applying sandalwood paste on your skin will help you to get rid of peeling skin.
6. Rub your skin with lemon:Lemon is a strong astringent which has the ability to removed dead skin. Add some lemon juice with water and apply on your skin, on the affected area. And after that you can then scrape off the dead skin gently with a tissue.
7. Banana/Papaya/Avocado Paste:Dry skin can be treated by applying thick paste of one ripe banana, half a papaya, and one avocado. Use this paste on the face, neck and other dry areas and wait for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.This is an active home remedy for dry skin as it not only supports the skin but also lightens scars.
8. Aloe Vera:Aloe Vera provides all the essential nutrients to the skin and makes it smooth and glowing.There are also some Home made face packs for Dry Skin which help them to get rid of the problems of winters:-
9.Face mask using wheat flour, turmeric powder and mustard oil:
• Take 4 tbsp of wheat flour
• Add ½ tsp of turmeric powder
• Add 1 tsp of mustard oil
• Add water to make a paste
• Use the paste on the face taking care to avoid the eyes
• Leave it to dry for 10 min
• Remove the dried mask by scrubbing it with your palms
• After 30 min, wash off with lukewarm water
10. Face mask using honey and milk:
• Take 2 tbsp of honey
• Add 2 tsp of milk
• Mix well
• Apply on the face and neck taking care to avoid the eyes
• Leave it for 20 min
• Wash off with lukewarm water
B. Oily Skin:If your skin is oily, it generally has a lot of shine to it very soonafter cleansing and the pores are generally slightly increased. It is more prone to pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads than other skin types and is rougher in texture.
1. Your skin manages to attract more dirt than dry skin, so wash your face twice a day with a gentle non-foaming cleanser and warm water. Wash it with warm water. Use an alcohol-free, hydrating toner to help remove additional deposit.
2. Lemon juice:Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with cold water & rubbing it on your skin. After 15 minutes rinse it off with a face wash. This remedy will make your skin oil free.
3. Lemon juice, Honey and Milk:Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with half a spoon of honey & a tablespoon of milk. Use this paste on your face and wait for 15 minutes before taking splashing it off with cold water. This acts as a natural bleaching remedy and also helps in stopping extra oil production on the skin.
4. Almond Honey Scrub:Mixture few almonds with honey. Massage softly, the paste up on your skin. After 15 minutes rinse your face with cold water.
5. Oatmeal & Aloe Vera Scrub:Mixt oatmeal with aloe Vera. Scrub gently up on your skin. After 15 minutes cleanse with water.
C. Normal Skin:If your skin is oily in the “T zone” and your nose while dry and stretched on the cheeks, it is considered normal. It’s also considered normal if it changes with seasons (dryer in winter, oilier in summer).
Treatment:Wash your face with cleansers that are made for your normal skin type. Rub an alcohol free, hydrating toner all over the face. Apply moisturizer more fluently to your skin.
D. Sensitive Skin:You may have sensitive skin and normal, oily, or dry. If your skin has allergic reactions to beauty products and is regularly sensitive to the sun, wind, and cold weather, it is sensitive. Sensitivity can show up in rash, redness, inflammation, acne, and dilated capillaries.
Treatment: Look for cleansers, toners, makeup, and moisturizers that are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. Rinse, tone and moisturize with generous products everyday. The idea for your skin is to always choose products with a soothing benefit. Some common ingredients to look for are: chamomile, azulene,bisabolol, allantoin, lavender, camphor, calamine, rosemary, thyme,aloe vera etc.
For All Types:-Saffron is oft-reported to be the regal ingredient for skin care cosmetics all over the world. Proofs provide that saffron paste was applied as natural foundation for a richer glow and soft skin. The anti-bacterial property of saffron kills the bacteria in the skin, thereby giving it a bright complexion. As our facial skin undergoes its own process of natural regeneration, dead cells and other impurities accrue over our skin beating the freshest layer. This makes our skin look dull and lifeless. Once we reveal this fresh layer our skin looks bright and healthy again. The Saffron Soap is an effort to make the right balance for the skin – A blend which had been used by the princesses and queens years ago to maintain an everlasting glow and youth on their skins. It treats the skin along with a natural scrub for providing a youthful freshness that will be plain with every use. It is indeed a perfect treat to the skin. It eliminates dead skin cells, blackheads, unclogs pores, tightens the skin and delays wrinkles.
Winter Tips:In order to avoid the flaky skin during winter, wear warm clothes made of silk, wool, etc.Keep baths short and ignore very hot showers.Use an indoor humidifier to get moisture in the air. Use less soap and do not scrub your skin.Do not rinse your face regularly.Perform 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic exercise thrice a week.Though these natural remedies are a beneficial solution to skindryness, but consumption of fresh fruits, green vegetables, grains,cereals, milk and milk products is equally important for a healthy skin. Learn to cope up with day to day stress!For More Beauty Tips:http://www.silverinespa.com/